Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, March 23, 2009

How important "the seventh son of the seventh son" is?

Here is the answer, Septimus Heap, the seventh son of a seventh son, died shortly after birth. Born to a family of Wizards, there's no telling what he might have become, as his lineage as a seventh son would have made him unbelievably magical.


Magyk (Septimus Heap, Book 1)
This book started out slow for me-I read it religiously for a few nights, then didn't read it for a couple. When I picked it back up, it really caught my interest and I couldn't stop reading it! I'm looking forward to reading the second one, Flyte, since I think that this one had a lot of background information that made it a little slower for me. It was very interesting and creative, though, with magical things I had never even thought about! Worth the read, definitely!

Flyte (Septimus Heap, Book 2)

This is a good 2nd book in the series. Septimus finds himself in a situation to wake a dragon with his special powers. This had a lot of suspenseful adventures and some interesting twists. Overall a good read!




Physik (Septimus Heap, Book 3)
What can I say? I'm a big fan of this series! Ghosts, Witches, dragons, spells, secret cupboards and tunnels, boggarts, sailing ships, queens, wizards, herbs and magic rings...everything you could possibly imagine in a magical Castle realm. Mix that with Shakespearean-style mischief: comedy-of-errors(very human errors!)and mistaken identity. On top of all that--the characters are loveably ordinary; the children make friends in such a natural, uncalculated way, and the adults are so...imperfect. Lots of fun!

Queste (Septimus Heap, Book 4)
This is the fourth book in the Septimus Heap series by Angie Sage, and I have to say that it's as good as the other three. I enjoy the characters, the settings, the stylistic originalities. It is not a Harry Potter clone, it can stand well on its own. Good story, likable people, cool magic, even a dragon and some ghosts thrown in, with enough chilling "Darke Magyk" to raise the hair on the back of my neck, without being as scary as some of the later Potter books. Nice for younger fans, and I think it would make a great read-aloud series for a family as well.
Gallery by Septimus Heap


No comments:

Post a Comment